Minimum requirements for passwords:
- Minimum six characters in length.
- Maximum 14 characters in length.
- Must contain English uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Can not contain all or part of the user’s user name.
- Can not contain any part of the user’s full name.
- Can not reuse previous three passwords.
Users wanting to harden their password further can follow these suggestions:
- Do not use words found in the dictionary.
- Do not use proper names.
- Use one or more numbers in the password.
- Use one or more nonalphanumeric characters in their password.
It is strongly recommended that users with access to confidential and/or sensitive data utilize one or more of the suggestions to harden their password beyond the minimum requirements.